"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path." Paolo Coelho

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ARRiVALS AND MEETiNGS

Hello there, my fellow lovebirds.
My name is Camila and I have created this blog to keep everyone who is interested up-to-date with my on-abouts in New York.

Let me tell you a little something about myself.

I'm an addict of a drug no less than Musical Theatre. I love singing, dancing, acting, directing, writing, reading, etc etc. Everything that has to do with Theatre is amazing, in my opinion, and I hope to one day make a living out of it.
I have recently been accepted to my dream college, Sarah Lawrence College, in the Bronxville, NY. Yesterday, I arrived to NYC with my parents and sister- they will stay here for another 3 days and then go to Florida, where my sister resides, because she plays full-time tennis at the Nick Bollettieri IMG Tennis Academy there. Move-in day of Sarah Lawrence for freshmen is the 28th of August, the day after my birthday, and I can't say anything but that I am more than thrilled to go there and get started!

After having arrived yesterday, we went to take a look at the campus. We walked around a little and among many things, we saw where I will be residing on campus (for those familiar with SLC: Hill House). Today, we went shopping at Wal-Mart and Macy's for some things for in my room. It was tiring, but also thrilling and a lot of fun! I also met another student from SLC at the hotel that we're staying at today. Her name is Emma and we have a huge factor in common. We both like unicorns.

So... I like unicorns and am in love with New York. This place is everything I could ever hope for, and yet.. a lot more!
I can't wait for Saturday to come.. I can't wait to get up and running at SLC.
I can't wait for life.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my blog. I will post some more soon!
Pictures of yesterday and today will be posted soon as well.

Take care and see you soon,
Camila

No comments: