"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path." Paolo Coelho

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FiLM AUDiTiONS

My dear people and other creatures,

As you may or may not know, a little while ago I took part in the film auditions at Sarah Lawrence College. The goal of these auditions was (/is) for the film making students to cast the people they would like to act in their movies.
I went to my audition an hour early to take my time and pick out a scene and read through it a couple of times in my own pace before I would actually audition. As I got there though, there was a guy whose partner did not show up (yet?) and I was asked to audition with him instead. We had about a minute and a half to prepare a scene that we both hadn't really looked at beforehand and then we auditioned.

The guy's name is Chris and we are becoming very good friends. Whenever I'm a little stressed out or low, he reads to me from 'The Book Of Flying', which is an amazing book and really puts me at ease. Also, Chris has a really nice reading voice and he's a great person all-together, so that kind of helps as well, I guess (:

The scene we did was a short scene from the well-known movie 'The Breakfast Club' (which I am about to watch, eheh). It's the scene in which Claire tries to introduce herself by saying she's Claire, after which the guy states that that is a fat girl's name. They get into a fight. And that is basically the entire scene. It is really short and I will post a link at the end of this post!

Why am I suddenly telling you about the film auditions, you ask? Well, as I was at Chris' apartment yesterday (coincidental enough) and he was reading to me from The Book Of Flying, another Chris (his roommate) comes in and quite literally says: "Camila, the camera loves you! I would like to cast you for my movie, if I can!"
Considering this was the first time for me to act specifically for the camera, I was totally shocked and completely ecstatic for the few following hours. I think I fell asleep smiling (:

Chris' roommate Chris sent me the link for all the audition videos. My audition is somewhere at the beginning. When you click on the link (if you click on the link), you are redirected to another website (Vimeo) and it will ask you to type in a password. The password to see this album of videos, is: slc
Just look up the video that says: Sequence 6 - Camila van Wuijckhuijse and Chris Lazariuk

Here's the link:
http://vimeo.com/album/1267552/video/15362426

The biggest kiss to all of you and lots of love,

Camila

No comments: