"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more - at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous." Oscar Wilde (The Picture Of Dorian Gray)
"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path." Paolo Coelho

Thursday, September 16, 2010

UPDATE #1

This is amazing.
I have just started a new blog and I'm already procrastinating every new post.
That sucks. Oh well. I've been busy. Do try to understand, s'il te plait.

So what have I been doing?
Well, besides having a seizure and having to miss two days of classes because of that. The hospital food was good though and I was attended really, really promptly. It was pretty great, actually, haha. My Portuguese friend came with me to the hospital and another friend came to pick me up from there to go back to campus, which was really sweet of them.
I have gotten my classes assigned to me and they are.... Four Poets (a literature course), Italian for Beginners (5x a week!), Breathing Coordination for Performers, Actor in Action, and World Theatre (for which I go into New York City every Friday to do workshops with international artists at LaMaMa Theatre (!!!!!) and watch shows in the City for free (!!!!!)).
It is all pretty great. I enjoy all my classes immensely; the professors are amazingly understanding, open, great, and overall really, really good at what they do. That is something I had never encountered before, so it's good to find there is hope in this time and space :)

I have auditioned 6 times this far, for singing ensembles, the burlesque troupe on campus, plays, and dance classes. I have another audition coming Sunday, for the rock musical that is going to be produced. I'm a little nervous, because other than the other auditions I did, I really want to get into this musical. I mean, I wanted to get into the other stuff as well, and I wanted to do well at the auditions in general, because that's important too.. But I really, REALLY, want to be a part of this musical.

If anyone has a good suggestion for a song to audition with (16 bars only!!x( ), please do let me know so I can take a look at it!
Wish me luck!

I promise.. More updates shortly!

Love and Art,
Camila

PS I miss my family an aweful lot.

No comments: